Month 21 Challenge
Today’s challenge is to take time to reflect on your experience. Research shows that a critical component to learning is taking time to reflect or being intentional about processing the lessons being taught by your experiences.
Please complete the below activity:
- What are my identities and in what ways have my identities impacted my life? Are there identities of mine that have provided me higher social capital or privilege in certain environments, or vice versa?
- What were some of my assumptions about race and racial inequity before I started this 21-week challenge? In what ways have these assumptions been challenged? In what ways have they been reinforced?
- Where have I seen evidence of inequities and systemic and structural racism in my community?
- What two to three shifts, changes or actions can I take to create a more inclusive and equitable environment in my home, workplace, and community?
- As you prepare to complete the 21 Week Equity Challenge, we encourage you to write down a goal you have moving forward. Research shows that when you write down your goals, you are more likely to commit to them and achieve them.