Returning To Work After COVID-19
Since the COVID-19 pandemic, which took a drastic turn in March of 2020, temporary employees are a necessity more than ever. As states slowly reopen and discover strategic ways to ensure safety in the workplace, MVP Staffing is committed to reducing the risk of infection for our temporary workers and your employees.
The idea of returning to work and remaining healthy and safe can be nerve-racking, we get it. Our temporary workers’ well-being is paramount to us and understanding the spread of COVID-19 is important to help with prevention. Per the CDC COVID-19 is thought to spread:
- By direct contact with an infected person
- When infected respiratory droplets from a cough, a sneeze, talking, laughing, singing or breathing fall to surfaces that are then touched by another person
- When smaller infected droplets, also known as aerosols, stay suspended in the air for several minutes and are inhaled or ingested by others.
We have advised our temporary employees about how to properly take care of themselves, protect others and per the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, we have informed our employees that they should:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Avoid touching their eyes, nose, and mouth
- Stay home when they are sick
- Cover their cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe
- Follow CDC’s recommendations for using a face mask and social distancing
- Wash their hands often
As we continue to monitor the latest developments of COVID-19, we encourage our employees to do the same by visiting the About Coronavirus Disease 2019 and CDC’s Frequently Asked Questions and Answers webpages.
In addition to our employees being healthy, we also want to ensure they are in safe working environments. Companies can help prevent the spread of COVID -19 by:
- Improving sanitation and deep cleaning protocols
- Consider changing the layout of the workspace
- Put in place guidelines for the use of personal protective equipment
This is a huge change for everyone and will take some time to adapt to the new normal of returning to work, however, MVP Staffing stands ready to assist you in navigating this public health challenge and furthering the well-being of all employees. Should you wish to discuss returning to work or have any questions, please let us know.